49 Posts
48 Posts
Main Forum

Optimization & Additions

1 reply
Votes:
Untagged users
Towny:
  • Allow mayors to control permissions for each rank of the town and add a section in towny help that shows what ranks the server has.
  • Interactive towny menu, I would be able to create it if needed.
  • Allow users to type /town home and /t home instead of /town spawn.
  • Let mayors of a town override Lockette if a user hasn't been on for a certain period of time, set by the town mayor. (Minimum of 24 hours) and town must have been created for at least a week beforehand.
  • Unallow locking of redstone lamps, so that mayors and assistants can move these town blocks around.
  • Allow two towns to go at war with each other, but only if both agree on it.
  • Remove spawn teleport cost to personal town and keep one for other towns.
  • Add functionality to outlaws by allowing the sheriff of a town to use a special stick to arrest someone. This person must be on town premises and must be holding the stick on the person for a number of seconds. A person will automatically be released from the prison after 5 minutes and removed from the town outlaw list. The town will not be able to add the person back to the list after a certain amount of time.

General Improvements:
  • BUG?: Users cannot chat when they are in towny chat and they go to another world that isn't the towny world. They also cannot switch channels back.
  • Rewrite plugins or develop custom ones, so that the server can upgrade seamlessly to 1.13.2 without having to wait for plugin developers to update.
  • Reallow hoppers, but instead opt in for a solution that doesn't make the server lag by using CropHoppers. Can be custom coded or found on spigot. It essentially picks up anything in a chunk that drops naturally if you have a hopper in that chunk. Radius can be changed as well.
  • Remove captcha and possibly have an alternative solution if botting is a problem.
  • I can rewrite possible conflicting plugins and add additional items on top of slimefun to the server to make it more unique.
Posted Dec 17, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 20, 18
x313 ADMIN
Votes:
+12
Level 1
LEVEL 1
ADMIN
Hello thank you for the suggestion.

• Allow mayors to control permissions for each rank of the town and add a section in towny help that shows what ranks the server has.
    - The permission system is impossible because towny does not support that option, if you have a rank suggestion we will look at it.
    - Good idea, we dont have the permissions per rank listed. But at the moment you can check all the rank-names with '/t rank add <username>'
  • Interactive towny menu, I would be able to create it if needed.
    I think this is not needed , but we will take a look at a plugin that does this, you don't have to develop it for us.
  • Allow users to type /town home and /t home instead of /town spawn.
    This is impossible because then we have to modify the towny plugin wich is not allowed by the owner of the plugin.
  • Let mayors of a town override Lockette if a user hasn't been on for a certain period of time, set by the town mayor. (Minimum of 24 hours) and town must have been created for at least a week beforehand.
    We can't do this because lwc and towny don't have a hook, you can now contact a staff member after 14 days the resident has been offline. We will unlock it for you.
  • Unallow locking of redstone lamps, so that mayors and assistants can move these town blocks around.
    I don't know why you want to carry redstone lamps around but if you need to staff can unlock them for you.
  • Allow two towns to go at war with each other, but only if both agree on it.
    We dissallowed this option because the server is not pvp based but pve based. We don't think it will be good for the communitie if we allow this. if you want to fight another town you can do this in the wild, both towns create an mcmmo party and will fight each other.
  • Remove spawn teleport cost to personal town and keep one for other towns.
    I don't exaclty know why bread did this, I'll ask him about it.
  • Add functionality to outlaws by allowing the sheriff of a town to use a special stick to arrest someone. This person must be on town premises and must be holding the stick on the person for a number of seconds. A person will automatically be released from the prison after 5 minutes and removed from the town outlaw list. The town will not be able to add the person back to the list after a certain amount of time.
    For this we will need a complete sepparate plugin and will have no use, because a command is better, we don't want our server to go fully RPG

General Improvements:
  • BUG?: Users cannot chat when they are in towny chat and they go to another world that isn't the towny world. They also cannot switch channels back.
    This is a know bug by the staff member, we can't dissable this because towny is disabled in those world, if we would enable it you can also claim in those worlds and we don't want that.
  • Rewrite plugins or develop custom ones, so that the server can upgrade seamlessly to 1.13.2 without having to wait for plugin developers to update.
    We will not write custom updates for those plugins because it will take to much time. we are planning on upgrading edrien at the start of next year.
  • Reallow hoppers, but instead opt in for a solution that doesn't make the server lag by using CropHoppers. Can be custom coded or found on spigot. It essentially picks up anything in a chunk that drops naturally if you have a hopper in that chunk. Radius can be changed as well.
    We are allowing hoppers soon, we have found a plugin that will solve the lag issue but this plugin is currently in the testing phase.
  • Remove captcha and possibly have an alternative solution if botting is a problem.
    We have disabled the captcha for a day and directly that day a bot attac happens. we have a lot of problems with bots. So we will keep it. Also if you logged in 1 time you don't have to go to the lobby again, you can just type ./server <servername> to switch servers.
  • I can rewrite possible conflicting plugins and add additional items on top of slimefun to the server to make it more unique.
    We are not looking for developers at the moment.

Please note that this is my awners and that bread can change the awners if he has a different opinion.
Posted Dec 23, 18
NoticeNotices