49 Posts
48 Posts
Main Forum

The New 3.0 Update - Question & Concerns

4 replies
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I know many people were upset about the recent announcement and honestly, I have even seriously considered quitting all together. After a few days of thinking it over and really picturing a full wipe, I feel like we've had time to come to peace with it. However, there are so many grievances and unanswered questions that we all have; some brave enough to ask and some not, which is why I wanted to make this post. Though at first all I wanted was to attack and vent, that is not a mature way to handle situations like this. So I would invite anyone reading this to comment and add some of your own thoughts.

First, we are the customer; do we not get a opinion in this? So far all we've seen is an "announcement" without an easy option to have a discussion. Now, I do understand that this reset is long over due and we all know the lag issues and abandoned towns being a grief magnet, but how this was handled was quite poor; and I for one want more details!

Everything that has been worked for will be gone, and I for one find this to be a hard pill to swallow. We aren't even sure if we "trade in" our items or in-game money, granted you guarantee a reset shop for cosmetics, which gives no in-game advantage, even for the players who have been loyal for months-years. I understand you want a clean slate for everyone, but it feels like a slap in the face for loyal players.

Now we get to wait for this reset to happen; why post the announcement when there isn't a date set. We're just supposed to be good "players" and keep playing on a server that has no point currently. No one seems to know anything about this reset, except for Bread and x313. Even mods and other staff are just as informed as regular players. I'm all for keeping things under wraps, like a big surprise, but whats the point since it isn't a surprise anymore. Either do it or don't, but don't dangle a treat in front of our face and expect us to sit and wait for it, especially if it's going to be weeks-months, which we've heard.

Running a gaming community is not an easy endeavor, as I've ran a couple of communities myself in a past lifetime. So many thanks to Bread and all Staff for making this an amazing community to be apart of. I understand that sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the greater good and I look forward to seeing what Luminex 3.0 has in store for us.
Posted Mar 3, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I strongly agree with everything said here, and I as well hope for a more descriptive update.
Posted Mar 3, 19
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
One comment I want to add is that I have had to inform some players about the reset (which wasn't easy for them to hear just like everyone). I think there should be something on the actual Aurain server to let players know there is a reset as well so that they can be informed and not keep building new buildings on a world that is going to be reset.
Posted Mar 4, 19
DarkBuilder5 DIAMOND
Votes:
Diamond
I know what you mean, they announced a full-wipe way before its gonna happen, we now are gonna need to wait weeks if not more to continue playing becouse whatever we do will disappear, but on the other side, this way we know that its gonna happen instead of wasting time with huge plans and build that would go to waste.
Posted Mar 4, 19
PengBread OWNER
Votes:
+269
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
For the first question.
I'll be honest with it regarding how it was poorly managed for the lag and issues. I've done alot of things on implenting things that shouldn't even be implented which caused the lags etc. So this time because of the lag, i've gained more experience on what should be added or what should not be.

Second question.
I do feel sorry for all the loyal players because it really is a big slap to all of them. I apologize for this but we have no choice but to do it to remodel the server and make the economy back to normal. In the fresh wipe we will be doing balancings in the jobs, sell shop etc and more which require everyone to start fresh.

Third question.
We really do not have an exact time when it will be released. But i can ensure u it will be released around May.

Hence, I hope that these answers are what you guys are looking for. If you have anymore questions you could always ask us on Discord. x313, me or Arcadyen
Posted Mar 5, 19
List
Undo
NoticeNotices